Saturday, October 29, 2011

Colaba Causeway

Hi everyone! I should start this post by mentioning my driver, Ram Krishav. My company has a car service so that each day I can get to work and home safely. Most days, Ram Krishav is my driver. Since it was the weekend and I felt like getting out of the hotel, I arranged to have Ram Krishav drive me to the Colaba Causeway which is a popular tourist destination in Mumbai. In this post, I've included pictures from the drive. India is full of contrasts. You can see the richest of the riches and then the poorest of the poors. I hope some of my pictures capture that experience. On today's drive I was able to see the Arabian Sea for the first time. You will see a picture below of the Arabian Sea with a bridge that is very similar to the Ravenel in Charleston! Also, some pictures from the road and the Gateway to India. Colaba is definitely an experience. The vendors set-up their stands along the sidewalk infront of about 6 or 8 blocks of stores. For the most part, each stand is almost identical. You'll see a stand of purses, scarves, belts, compasses, and key chains..... Repeat! While every website I had read, said that Colaba was a tourist attraction - I felt like the only tourist there! Vendors will follow you half a block to get your business. Let's just say- I stayed for 45 minutes, picked up a few souvenirs, and luckily Ram Krishav was waiting for me the whole time so could make a quick exit! It was character building.:) I'm glad to be back at the hotel tonight - which is more like a resort. Powai Lake is very beautiful and I'm finding more and more cool things about the hotel. It has it's own mall of stores in it and a really beautiful pool. My plan is to charge-up the computer and enjoy a day pool-side tomorrow, inside the resort. Hope everyone's doing well! Happy Halloween Aubrey, Devan, & Casey - wish I was there and can't wait to hear all about it! XOXO Love, Madeleine


































No comments:

Post a Comment